Thinking green is a way of life for us. After all, it’s our duty to take care of this planet! Good Fortune supports clean and responsible living, while caring for each other and our beautiful earth. Our goal is to create less waste, consume less material, and use less energy. We understand that even the smallest steps to taking care of the environment make a big difference.
We strive to be efficient by offering 10% off for refills in our store, 100% percent post-consumer paper for printed materials,and whenever possible recyclable and/or biodegradable plastics, paper, aluminum and corrugated card board for packaging. We also have eco-friendly biodegradable formulations for our products and pack every outgoing shipment with recycled paper as the cushioning material. We even recycle our shipping boxes.
But we don't stop there. We strive to educate customers on natural ingredients, recycle all of our incoming waste, and reuse everyday materials for soap molds or organizing trays. Even in the work space we stay natural by using all natural cleaners and cotton rags instead of paper towels, whenever possible. Plus, we rely on digital documents rather than paper trails.
We all want to invest our time and money wisely while also looking and feeling our very best. Doesn’t it make sense to do so in a way that doesn’t harm us or our environment?
Reading the Label Shouldn’t Be Difficult
The ingredients in Good Fortune products come from the world God gave us, not a test tube. We choose to use 100% vegetable oils and essential oils, clays, honey, shea butter, and natural exfoliants such as oatmeal and lentils. We carefully select botanicals and nutrients to nourish the skin without harsh ingredients. Our advice is to learn the main chemicals to avoid, and then check the product ingredient label.
Here are a few we don’t like: Animal tallow, petroleum, sodium lauryl sulfate(SLS), fragrance oils and dyes.
Q. What does all natural mean?
The term “natural” is an ambiguous term and is not regulated, unlike the term “organic,” which is regulated by federal organic food guidelines. The word “natural” can include products that contain naturally derived ingredients or contain a certain percentage of natural materials. The biggest issue is synthetic preservatives and unregulated chemicals. Natural preservatives do work, and GF is very conscious of what we DON'T put in our products. We design our products because we have sensitive skin and we want to take care of it, so you can trust that we only place items on our shelves that meet our personal quality standards.
Q. Are your products all-natural?
Yes and no. Yes, because our products contain mostly plant derived materials. No, because we use colorants and fragrances that are considered in-organic material, and are not directly from the earth. Our goal is to use the highest quality skin nourishing ingredients, fragrances, and herbs that have been approved for use on skin. We never use harsh detergents, synthetic preservatives, phosphates or parabens.
Q. Natural soap vs. commercial soap
We all agree that natural ingredients are safer, gentler, healthier, and more enjoyable to use. Commercial soaps (Synthetic Detergent Bars) and home products typically contain a variety of synthetic ingredients (petroleum bases, chemical preservatives, and alcohols) that can cause irritation, sensitivity, and can be damaging to your skin, especially with long-term use. Essentially our soap is a true soap made from 6 moisturizing oils and essential oils.
Q. Why handcrafted natural soap is better?
We use real oils and real ingredients. Read a soap label at the drugstore and you'll find ingredients you can’t pronounce, mineral oils, harsh preservatives, and artificial colors. How can you get your skin clean with ingredients like that? Instead, GF uses natural plant-based ingredients that nourish and cleanse without drying or irritating. They still prove effective against germs and dirt, but in a gentle manner!
Q. Does natural soap dry out your skin?
No, in fact we use skin loving oils like shea, coconut, olive, and palm oils to produce a balanced cleansing bar that leaves your skin hydrated, clean and luxurious to the touch when you get out of the bath.
Q. Essential oils vs. fragrance oils vs. flavor oils
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant derivatives, where a little goes a long way. They are generally (steam or water) distilled from the leaves, stems, flowers, bark, or roots of plants. Entirely natural products use essential oils but because of their intensity, it’s important to follow all safety precautions when using them. Fragrance oils offer a wider selection of aromas, are more affordable, but contain artificial substances, and do not offer the therapeutic benefits of essential oils. And flavor oils are specially formulated fragrance oils that are safe to use in lip balms and other lip products. Good Fortune uses natural flavor oils.
Q. Are your products cruelty free?
Yes! Animal testing is unnecessary and unethical, not to mention weird. We prefer to test our products with our willing friends and family.
Q. How can I extend the shelf life of all natural products?
We do not put an expiration date on our products, however it is best to use your products immediately and discard products older then eighteen months. Always read and follow the instructions for use. Keep products away from direct sunlight and avoid extreme changes in temperature. Tightly close products between uses and avoid allowing water or other contaminants to enter the product. Apply products with clean hands.
- Anti-aging and gentle Vitamin C with plant based alpha hydroxy!
- Unscented and very little natural preservative = less irritation
- Young, old, dry, oily, acne, rosacea: Balance your pH & feed your skin with vitamin rich skin care.
- Incredibly affordable organic ingredients.
- Non-greasy or oily feeling.
- NO water! Made with aloe juice and food based ingredients instead!
- Therapeutic Grade Oils, non-diluted.
- Create your own blend! Purchase it undiluted OR have us blend it in a body product for you!
- Incredibly affordable and high quality in 10 mL glass bottles.
- Sourced from all over the world; grown on farms in indigenous regions.
- Pre-mixed & diluted therapeutic roll-ons for all types of symptoms!
- Incredibly affordable to make your own signature scented products
- Use essential oils for therapeutic uses or choose fragrances for a rich aromas
- Natural and organic bases that are safe on sensitive skin, babies, and pets!
- Choose unscented as an option!
- Visit the Chattanooga store to create and smell products while you wait
- Spa parties are available to design your own perfumes and products
- Available in larger quantities for wholesale customers.
- 100% food grade olive, coconut, sustainable palm oils, with organic shea butter, pure essential oils, and mineral pigments.
- French Milled= Long Lasting
- No Fragrances or Dyes!
- No Mineral Oils, Parabens,Preservatives.
- Made to moisturize sensitive skin.
- Non-greasy lotion soaks in and leaves your skin feeling smooth.
- NO: parabens,sodium lauryl sulfates, phthalates, phosphates, artificial colors, mineral oil or petroleum ingredients.
- Lightly scented and not heavy.
- Pure essential oils for super-sensitive dry skin.
- Food grade oils and butters for the best moisturizers.
- Therapeutic grade salts filled with minerals.
- Mineral bath salt soaks for relaxing for your muscles!
- No dyes or chunks to clog drains.
- 100% food grade oils and salts for spa quality body scrubs.
- No Mineral Oils,Parabens, or Preservatives.
- 100% food grade coconut, apricot, grapeseed oils, and vitamin E.
- Beard Oil helps beard itch, below-the-beard acne, and sensitive skin, without feeling greasy.
- Unscented or create your own scent.
- Stache Wax is perfect for shaping your mustache or helping tame beard frizz and control.
- Incredibly affordable.
- Shaving soaps for shower or bowl and brush use.
- 100% food grade oils, vitamin e, and essential oils.
- Edible & delicious.
- Helps cure chapped lips by exfoliating the dead skin so the lip balm can actually soak in and heal!
- A little bit goes a long way and formula keeps all year long.
- Lip balm is creamy and long lasting.
- Highly concentrated, long lasting.
- No Mineral Oils,Parabens, or Preservatives.
- Safe for babies and pets.
- Therapeutic blends to help with sleep, energy, and moods.
- Versatile! Use on your body or any wherever you'd like!
- No-oils or dyes, fabric safe.
- Pure burn with soy wax, cotton candles, and clean fragrances.
- Burn up to 90 hours on Classic size. Keep wick trimmed.
- Beautifully packaged with care.
Products that Contain Nut Oil:
Almond Oil: Lip scrub, bath fizzys, lip balm, stache wax, salt body scrub and body oil (We can custom make with sunflower, grapeseed, and apricot seed body oils. There is a nut free oil made for the massage therapists as well.)
Gluten Free Products:
Sandalwood Lavender Soaps are the only products that contain oats. All other products are believed to be gluten free. If you have a question about a specific product, then please email us your questions.
Vitamin E is considered Vegan, Lactose Free, Gluten Free, Glutamate Free and BSE Free.
Soaps: the Spirit soap bars have Lanolin in them which is an oil that comes from sheep wool, but all of the AP soaps are 100% vegan.
Skin care: Milk face wash and honey mask, otherwise all the other of Food for the Face line, is completely plant based.
Lotion: Goat Milk Lotions.
Beeswax: Lip balms, Kiss Me Kit, lotion bars, beard balm and stache wax contain beeswax, and therefore are not vegan
Lotion: Shea and aloe
Help your skin condition:
We recommend Sandalwood Lavender soap, African black soap, lavender or eczema lotion bar, lavender body scrub (if skin is not open and raw), and our natural laundry detergent.
**The Allergy & Vegan information applies to ALL custom products