Q. WHAT DOES ALL NATURAL MEAN?
The term “natural” is an ambiguous term and is not regulated, unlike the term “organic,” which is regulated by federal organic food guidelines. The word “natural” can include products that contain naturally derived ingredients or contain a certain percentage of natural materials. The biggest issue is synthetic preservatives and unregulated chemicals. Natural preservatives do work, and Good Fortune is very conscious of what we DON'T put in our products. We design our products because we have sensitive skin and we want to take care of it, so you can trust that we only place items on our shelves that meet our personal quality standards.
Q. ARE YOUR PRODUCTS ALL-NATURAL?
Yes and no. Yes, because our products contain mostly plant derived materials. No, because we use colorants and fragrances that are considered in-organic material, and are not directly from the earth. Our goal is to use the highest quality skin nourishing ingredients, fragrances, and herbs that have been approved for use on skin. We never use harsh detergents, synthetic preservatives, phosphates or parabens.
Q. NATURAL SOAP VS. COMMERCIAL SOAP
We all agree that natural ingredients are safer, gentler, healthier, and more enjoyable to use. Commercial soaps (Synthetic Detergent Bars) and home products typically contain a variety of synthetic ingredients (petroleum bases, chemical preservatives, and alcohols) that can cause irritation, sensitivity, and can be damaging to your skin, especially with long-term use. Essentially our soap is a true soap made from 6 moisturizing oils and essential oils.
Q. WHY HANDCRAFTED NATURAL SOAP IS BETTER?
We use real oils and real ingredients. Read a soap label at the drugstore and you'll find ingredients you can’t pronounce, mineral oils, harsh preservatives, and artificial colors. How can you get your skin clean with ingredients like that? Instead, GF uses natural plant-based ingredients that nourish and cleanse without drying or irritating. They still prove effective against germs and dirt, but in a gentle manner!
Q. DOES NATURAL SOAP DRY OUT YOUR SKIN?
No, in fact we use skin loving oils like shea, coconut, olive, and palm oils to produce a balanced cleansing bar that leaves your skin hydrated, clean and luxurious to the touch when you get out of the bath.
Q. ESSENTIAL OILS VS. FRAGRANCE OILS VS. FLAVOR OILS
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant derivatives, where a little goes a long way. They are generally (steam or water) distilled from the leaves, stems, flowers, bark, or roots of plants. Entirely natural products use essential oils but because of their intensity, it’s important to follow all safety precautions when using them. Fragrance oils offer a wider selection of aromas, are more affordable, but contain artificial substances, and do not offer the therapeutic benefits of essential oils. And flavor oils are specially formulated fragrance oils that are safe to use in lip balms and other lip products. Good Fortune uses natural flavor oils.
Q. ARE YOUR PRODUCTS CRUELTY FREE?
Yes! Animal testing is unnecessary and unethical, not to mention weird. We prefer to test our products with our willing friends and family.
Q. HOW CAN I EXTEND THE SHELF LIFE OF ALL NATURAL PRODUCTS?
We do not put an expiration date on our products, however it is best to use your products immediately and discard products older then eighteen months. Always read and follow the instructions for use. Keep products away from direct sunlight and avoid extreme changes in temperature. Tightly close products between uses and avoid allowing water or other contaminants to enter the product. Apply products with clean hands.
- Anti-aging and gentle Vitamin C with plant based alpha hydroxy!
- Unscented and very little natural preservative = less irritation
- Young, old, dry, oily, acne, rosacea: Balance your pH & feed your skin with vitamin rich skin care.
- Incredibly affordable organic ingredients.
- Non-greasy or oily feeling.
- NO water! Made with aloe juice and food based ingredients instead!
- Therapeutic Grade Oils, non-diluted.
- Create your own blend! Purchase it undiluted OR have us blend it in a body product for you!
- Incredibly affordable and high quality in 10 mL glass bottles.
- Sourced from all over the world; grown on farms in indigenous regions.
- Pre-mixed & diluted therapeutic roll-ons for all types of symptoms!
- Incredibly affordable to make your own signature scented products
- Use essential oils for therapeutic uses or choose fragrances for a rich aromas
- Natural and organic bases that are safe on sensitive skin, babies, and pets!
- Choose unscented as an option!
- Visit the Chattanooga store to create and smell products while you wait
- Spa parties are available to design your own perfumes and products
- Available in larger quantities for wholesale customers.
- 100% food grade olive, coconut, sustainable palm oils, with organic shea butter, pure essential oils, and mineral pigments.
- French Milled= Long Lasting
- No Fragrances or Dyes!
- No Mineral Oils, Parabens,Preservatives.
- Made to moisturize sensitive skin.
- Non-greasy lotion soaks in and leaves your skin feeling smooth.
- NO: parabens,sodium lauryl sulfates, phthalates, phosphates, artificial colors, mineral oil or petroleum ingredients.
- Lightly scented and not heavy.
- Pure essential oils for super-sensitive dry skin.
- Food grade oils and butters for the best moisturizers.
- Therapeutic grade salts filled with minerals.
- Mineral bath salt soaks for relaxing for your muscles!
- No dyes or chunks to clog drains.
- 100% food grade oils and salts for spa quality body scrubs.
- No Mineral Oils,Parabens, or Preservatives.
- 100% food grade coconut, apricot, grapeseed oils, and vitamin E.
- Beard Oil helps beard itch, below-the-beard acne, and sensitive skin, without feeling greasy.
- Unscented or create your own scent.
- Stache Wax is perfect for shaping your mustache or helping tame beard frizz and control.
- Incredibly affordable.
- Shaving soaps for shower or bowl and brush use.
- 100% food grade oils, vitamin e, and essential oils.
- Edible & delicious.
- Helps cure chapped lips by exfoliating the dead skin so the lip balm can actually soak in and heal!
- A little bit goes a long way and formula keeps all year long.
- Lip balm is creamy and long lasting.
- Highly concentrated, long lasting.
- No Mineral Oils,Parabens, or Preservatives.
- Safe for babies and pets.
- Therapeutic blends to help with sleep, energy, and moods.
- Versatile! Use on your body or anywhere you'd like!
- No-oils or dyes, fabric safe.
- Pure burn with soy wax, cotton candles, and clean fragrances.
- Burn up to 90 hours on Classic size. Keep the wick trimmed.
- Beautifully packaged with care.